Thursday, March 2, 2017

Making Yourself Judgement Proof - Protecting Your Assets in Bankruptcy

I will be updating this post as new ideas emerge.

If you're here, you're probably looking for ideas other than 'MOVE TO THAILAND'. Up to $150,000 of your house is protected, and federal rules say $5,000 of your vehicle is also protected. Intangible goods are also protected.

*My advice is for those filing pro se. If you have 401k and investment accounts, visualize me shrugging right now. Get a lawyer. Pay for your lawyer with your credit cards that you are putting in bankruptcy. Sure, it's incredibly unethical and your trustee might lose their mind, but you could also pay that sweet $2k for magical asset vanishment.

BASICALLY, CONVERT YOUR LIQUID ASSETS TO DURABLE GOODS.

Some states, like Arizona, only allow $300 left in the bank account. This puts me in an extremely uncomfortable position.

Legally speaking, as of 2017, bitcoins are not currency, they are intangible property. Unfortunately, currently, the price of bitcoin, litecoin or dogecoin are variable. You're not even hiding it - even though it would be incredibly easy to do so - I just listed it.

Do you rent? 

Give them $2000. That's how much you're exempted!

Long winded post script: A lot of get out of debt gurus backup their assertions with facts and links to statutes. I will correct when I am proven wrong,  but otherwise I don't backup my research with citations. They're just ideas. Bankruptcy and creditor law for me is a forced hobby, and I like to spend as little time on it as possible. I believe in personal responsibility and accountability as much as the next person, and to be quite candid, I am ashamed I am unable to pay. In fact, maybe my experiences will move enough people to save a few bucks here and there in a country where there is no safety net.

Applying for every available avenue for relief via the government is an arduous task. We've privatized everything. I've applied for SSDI and been denied, food stamps denied, Medicaid didn't cover the procedures that put me in bankruptcy in the first place, or worse covered the procedures but the providers didn't accept Medicaid!

I've now privatized my defenses to compensate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment